The Case of the Grinning Gorilla

This was an unusual Perry Mason episode in that Della and Perry were annoyed with one another during much of the program. And there was never a courtroom scene. Which means no Mason-Burger snark. Perry mostly dealt with a mouthy Lurene Tuttle. I should have had my camera handy but I did not. Who would have thought it would be so hard to find a picture of Miss Tuttle that would make you instantly know who I was talking about? This is the best I've seen.

I could also have used my camera to illustrate Miss Tuttle's bizarre comment about her co-worker, Mortimer Hershey.

Miss Kempton: I know Mr. Hershey. He works for Mr. Addicks. He has a pickle face and eats nothing but gruel.

Picture Gavin MacLeod. You might as well, since that's who played Mortimer. Don't think of the Murray Slaughter/Captain Stubing Gavin, though. This was the mean version. The pickle-faced, gruel-eating Gavin MacLeod.

Mr. Addicks: A word of advice, Mr. Mason. Don’t ever wear a necktie when you’re working around a gorilla.

PM: Now let’s find a phone.
DS: A phone?
PM: I’d say Josephine Kempton’s lawyer is about to make the fastest out-of-court settlement in history.