The Case of the Crippled Cougar

The defendant (pending) in this episode of Perry Mason has a bad knee as a result of skullduggery a few years prior. Mike has been seething with resentment ever since. While he is discussing something with his housekeeper, Lydia, he loses his balance and she automatically moves to assist him.
Mike snarls: I hired you to manage this house and take a few notes for me. When I want something to lean on, I'll buy crutches!

Paul makes Perry smile.
Della to Perry: You were right.
PD: One of his few bad habits – always being right.
(Cue Perry's shy smile.)

HB: Is Mr. Mason contending there are two murder weapons?
PM: Exactly.
Samuel Colt would appreciate what happens next.

As Mike leaves the courtroom after he is exonerated, he loses his balance again for a second. Lydia restrains herself from giving him a helping hand but Mike reaches for her anyway.
Mike: I once told you if I wanted something to lean on I’d buy crutches. That wasn’t exactly what I meant.
Lydia: I know, Mike.