The Case of the Cowardly Lion

Boris: Frieda, I did not kill Braun
Frieda: Oh, I believe you, Boris -- for the record. Off the record, I'm glad you got rid of him.
...
Frieda: Who would you rather have put to sleep? A lion or you?

PM: While I run over to the pharmaceutical company, I want you and Della to go to the zoo.
PD: What do we do at the zoo?
PM: I want you to give a lion a manicure.

Prosecutor: It was your sense of public duty that made you come to us?
Mrs. Braun: No, it was Mr. Mason that made me come to you.

PM: In the meantime, Paul, I have another chore for you.
PD: Not to give another lion a manicure, I hope.
PM: No, this time I want you to kidnap the lion.

Witness: I would never be so stupid as to put the blame on the lion. All the keepers know what a big coward he was. He was afraid of his own shadow.

I remember seeing this show when it was new. Nothing about the zoo, the animals, the smuggling racket that the decedent had been conducting. What I remember is at the end of the program, Perry is telling Paul about the boy who kept crossing the Mexican-U.S. border with a sack over his shoulder. The customs inspector was sure the kid was smuggling but every time he checked him out, the sack only had sand in it.
Paul: You never did finish the story about the Mexican boy on the bicycle.
Perry: No, I didn't.
...
Paul: And what had he been smuggling?
Perry: Bicycles.