The Case of the Bashful Burro

In the opening minutes of last night's Perry Mason, a middle-aged dude in a cowboy hat approaches a young woman pumping a pail of water.
Dude: You’re too young and pretty to be doing work like this. If you were mine, I’d have somebody doing this for you. 
Y&P: Haven’t I heard that you already have a wife, Mr. Bascombe?
Dude: Yeah, but arrangements could be made.

Obviously the title character is not Dude since there was nothing bashful about him.

I'll have to catch the episode again next year since I slept through the second half. Grrr. I did see enough to know that Dude was the victim but Young & Pretty wasn't the defendant. Dude had a wife who was having an affair with the ranch foreman. The wife asked the foreman what would happen when her husband found out. He stared at her and said, "I'll move on." Sort of a Kelly-Ryan vibe (The Office) there.