Dave Walker and Lois Hart

Dave Walker and Lois Hart. Remember them? I do. They co-hosted a CNN news show that came on around midday in the 1980s. I used to watch their program. For some reason I remember when Sally Field was on, talking about her new movie with James Garner ('Murphy's Romance"). This was probably early cable days at our house (1985), although Dave and Lois were with CNN from its beginning in 1980. They were the first anchors that CNN ever had.

They moved to CNBC in 1989, although you couldn't prove it by me. We pulled the plug on cable in 1989. I don't know what me think of the two today. They retired from TV news last year. It was kind of fun tracking them down tonight, since I couldn't remember their names. But I did recall their personalities. They were, well, personable.

Why does someone have a blog -- not affiliated with CNN -- called All Things CNN? Why does someone have access to a 32-second promo clip about Lois Hart from 30 years ago or more? Why does someone upload that clip to youtube? Maybe it's the same reason I poke around for 20 minutes trying to discover the names of Dave Walker and Lois Hart? Because we can.