The story of my life

Victor Davis Hanson writes his "Confessions of a Cultural Dropout." If anyone should ever write my life story, for whatever reason there might be ... Sorry, I got sidetracked.

Anyway, ditto to what VDH wrote. My personal saga on tuning out started in 1985 or so, when I quit watching TV. TV was just a habit I didn't want to maintain any longer so I stopped. Ignoring TV is one of the best things that ever happened to me. Radio? I don't seek it out either. I prefer quiet for background noise. I do love me some MP3 player but nothing on mine is remotely current. I do actually hear what I am listening to and I appreciate the skills and the artistry of the performers.

This guy isn't on my MP3 player (although the original is) but I appreciate what he is trying to do. The explanation with the video says the singer was put in hospice care in January 2008, so I guess his journey is over. But it appears he knew what mattered in life.