I misspoke

Earlier I said there are two arched office windows in the Missouri Capitol and no other. This morning I noticed two more on the north side of the building. I'd looked before but not very hard, I guess. There is a roofing crew in the way on the north side.

The northern arched windows are directly opposite the southern windows. Me, I don't get the symmetry. On a clock the windows would be the minute hand at 6:35 and 11:55. The south stairs are at 6 and the governor's office is at 12. And there's a building in the way so you can't see 6:35 and 11:55 at the same time.

Originally the southern windows graced the "general board room," which has long since been made into offices for state representatives. The northern windows are still in gubernatorial territory. I'm sure from the inside the windows are very elegant. From the outside, they seem to interfere with the building's balance. I'm an expert now that I have noticed these maverick windows after nearly nine years!