Straw for the Berries

I looked at that webpage people reference -- Six Fruits You Are Eating Wrong. I don't eat kiwi, mangoes or pomegranates, so I'm down to three I "eat wrong." I already knew that chunking a melon makes it easier to eat than dealing with slices and rind. That makes two.

Oranges. When I was a kid, my favorite way to eat an orange was to slice it in half, eat as much pulp as I could (I ate oranges over the kitchen sink) and then turn the half-orange inside out to get what was left of the sections. Nowadays, we only eat Cuties and their ilk.

Strawberries. We like to eat whole berries with sour cream and brown sugar. Pushing a drinking straw through the berry from the bottom is a very slick way to core it and leave you with an intact strawberry. The tip worked!


I am now eating fruit error-free.