Fractured family tale

The "My Family Tree" booklet I did in eighth grade is the only piece of schoolwork I ever saved. At the time I contacted my grandmothers and they sent me all the names and dates they could provide. Therefore, all these years I've thought I had a great-great-great-grandmother born Sinai Standard. One of the triple great names!

Whoever told Grandma that was mistaken. Neither name was correct. It is a huge disappointment. On the other hand, my ancestor's first name turns out to be Nancy. This is a very cute name. And her surname was Wyatt, which is a standard sort of name. Grandma didn't have Nancy's husband's first name right, either. All very odd.

I would like to visit the graves of these grandparents one of these days. However, the cemetery is in someone's pasture and it looks pretty hazardous. Perhaps I should just let them rest in peace under their rightful names.

Findagrave is a useful website for those of us who find finding graves an odd hobby. I was just amazed at the statistics for this pair of contributors to the website. Nearly 100,000 photos added to FAG in less than nine years!