The Case of the Negligent Nymph

Although I didn't realize it, this is the "Perry Mason" episode I have been waiting for. The one about Paul Drake and the spicy food that my sister-in-law had quoted to me months ago.

Unfortunately, I was completely worn out before the show even started. But Jackie must have nudged me awake because wake up I did just as Perry and Paul were eating at that restaurant.

PM: That chili's pretty hot.
PD: Don't worry about me. I'm no tourist. I was weaned on this stuff.

After one spoonful, Paul is in deep distress and grabs a nearby water pitcher. He drinks deeply right from the pitcher. No dialogue. Just Paul drinking and Perry staring at him for several long seconds.

PM: You all right?
PD: Yes.

And then it's back to business and I fall back to sleep. I have the early seasons on DVD so I'll watch these shows when I am wakeful. I continue to appreciate the relationship that the three main characters have in this series.