The Funny One

My dad's mother had three sisters. They were a close-knit family and my father knew his aunts very well. He even had categories for them -- The Rich One, The Funny One, The Pretty One.

I've been scanning family photos and memorabilia and, for now at least, it's been like a family reunion for me. Too bad so many of the attendees are deceased or total strangers.

I just scanned a thank-you note that had been saved. It's not particularly ancient (February 1979) but it is my great-aunt in her standard form. She has a description of everyone's health issues, comments about the weather ("I can't remember seeing this much snow at Xmas in my lifetime") and assurances that all is well in her household. And she closes with this.
Thanks again for the wine. I guess it was good. It's all gone.
The Funny One. Gone but not forgotten.