The Case of the Reluctant Model

This Perry episode was about art fraud. I was working on genealogy at the same time and I confess I don't really know what was going on. Except art fraud. Bring that Gauguin to "Antiques Roadshow" and they'll clue you in.

Oh, and it was also about litigation. The art of litigation.

PM: It's always wise –   if you're suing for slander or for anything else, Miss Rankin – to pin down your witnesses first.
Miss Rankin: You think Otto should sue.
PM: No. No, I think the Gauguin should sue.

Otto: Nobody is gonna run down a Gauguin of mine. Not without gettin’ his ears pinned back.

Durant: I did say before I'd certify it, I'd want to run a series of tests on it. If you and your cheap little gold-digging friend think you can parlay that into a Christmas basket of free publicity and cash at my expense, you've got a surprise coming.

PM: Della, I think I’ve just been tagged as the world’s prize boob.

PM: The classic false-suit booby trap and I had to fall right in.
Paul goes to a bus station to try to track down a missing witness.
Ticket agent (who was a woman): Who looks at brunettes? Now, men – that’s different.
Witness: I know it was her all right and you nor nobody is going to talk me out of it.
PM: I have no intention of trying to talk you out of a thing, Mrs. Newton.