The Case of the Bouncing Boomerang

Rod Cameron plays a dull, earnest rancher, Grover Johnson, who is struggling financially and maritally. His wife, Eula, is a young floozy with a mean streak. She is drawn to the bright lights of San Francisco. Grover wants her to be happy but he's a fish out of water anywhere but at home.

Eula: Keep on building your fireplace, Grover. Someday you’ll be able to open up a nice little concentration camp.

Eula undertakes an insurance swindle with great gusto. It even involves getting a big, tough guy (Alan Hale, Jr.) into a car that she's doused with gasoline.
Barclift: Eula, you're not gonna put me in this car! 
Repeat as necessary to convince yourself, Mr. Barclift. Somehow she got him in the car. The next thing we see is the car careening off a cliff.

Grover: Eula, she, uh, she just won’t get off – well, trouble is I love her so much and sometimes she's so wonderful, but, well, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I've just gotta sell my place, Mr. Mason.
PM: But you've already sold it.
Grover: Sure, but Barclift's dead now. I just told you about his accident last week in Arizona.
PM: Death doesn't stop a land sale from going through.

Grover: Eula, darling, I just want you to be happy.
Eula, scornfully: Oh, pick me some daisies.

Hired man: Fightin’ one minute, kissin’ the next. That was the Johnsons.

Grover no longer has Eula to fight with and to kiss, since she was murdered. Maybe he could marry her mother.