The Case of the Shoplifter's Shoe

Lurene Tuttle is Perry's klepto client, Sarah Breel, in this episode, "The Case of the Klepto Client." Her brother, George, has a gemstones business and George and Sarah share a niece, Virginia. Virginia is played by Margaret O'Brien and George is played by a corpse.

Sarah opens the show by swiping jewelry at a department store, some of it right under PM's nose, and her giddy, bizarre behavior is more or less the constant thread in the show.

George's partner is found murdered (and there's blood on Sarah's shoe so we can have that title). Meanwhile, back at his office George is also found dead.

The contents of Sarah's purse are shown in closeup.
Tragg: Oh, no, no. Why, it couldn't be those diamonds we saw by the old lady's bag.
And who is Tragg calling old? Lurene Tuttle was 55 at the time. Ray Collins was 74. Here's some info about Miss Tuttle at findagrave. I especially like the arrow in the second picture. The photo of her shows her as a young woman. Whenever I saw her on TV, she seemed elderly. Even if she was 55.

Mr. Golding: Sure I own a blue sedan. The only reason I tried to get rid of it was first reaction when I heard there was a murder. That’s all. I’m a businessman. I don’t like to get mixed up in these things. ... I didn’t look back. I didn’t see the car hit. I’m sorry. I’m a businessman – but I would have stopped. I would have helped her.

Sarah. Breel: Oh, it’s just ridiculous your wasting your time trying to keep me from being punished for what I did.

PM: Paul, get a thousand men if you have to. Tragg will help but don’t tell him why.

Perry and Hamilton Burger are conferring in the courthouse hallway during a recess.
PM to HB: I’m sorry I botched up your case a little.
Burger starts to put all the pieces together.
HB: You know, Perry, maybe, for once I was wrong. On this case.

Here is Leonard Nimoy back in the day. I do believe he has a hairy chest.