Old men and the draft

I was researching distant kin at Familysearch.org and a hit gave me a look at the World War II draft registration card for this cousin, who was 56 years old in 1942. I had no idea that men born as early as 1877 were having to register for the draft.

The card has valuable information if you are into genealogy. Birthdate, present street address, name of employer and name of someone who will always know the registrant's address.

The National Archives have a great deal of digitized information. This link says the draft cards for 997 Ohio men are in the collection. When I did a search as directed, I didn't get Robert Kyle Blain's card but 22 other men named Blain from all over the country showed up. Clicking on a link takes me to a URL for an Ancestry.com webiste. Fee involved. I didn't go pursue it but then again, I had what I could use for free via Familysearch anyway.