The Case of the Tarnished Trademark

A Danish immigrant started a furniture factory and built it up into a valuable firm with a reputation for high-quality goods. He has decided to sell it in order to use the proceeds to build a children's hospital for the Danish community in Los Angeles. The winning bidder is a no-goodnik, who plans to flood the market with cheap variations of the furniture. Eventually he would ruin the brand but he’d make a killing first. He was killed first.

Losing bidder to the seller: Sorry I gave you such a legitimate offer.
He doesn’t think much of the new owner: The slide trombone of the furniture business.

The slide trombone* is discovered lying on the floor of a motel room.
The motelier calls in a policeman: Go ahead, phone the ambulance. I already called the doctor.
Policeman: What for? Your head was bashed in like that, you’d be dead, too.

Perry Mason knew the furniture maker, Axel. Axel is reluctant to take Perry's help, though.
PM: You admit you are worried.
Axel: Don’t make your lawyer’s talk with me!

Perry is interviewing the ex-husband of the woman who had sweet-talked Axel into selling to Somers, the slide trombone. The ex is an alcoholic and is in a bad way when Perry pays him a visit.
Ex: Somers offered me a highball. I said, no, I’ll take lemonade. I thought it smelled funny for lemonade.

Axel is accused of the murder of Somers. When Perry has the sweet-talker's ex on the stand, he points out some of the ways the pretty lady had manipulated Axel.
Axel jumps to his feet: Stop that! I object! I object!

Paul is detailing the financial shenanigans of the deceased to Perry and Della.
DS: That stinker.

Pretty lady: How on earth could I promise to marry a man who’s never said one word but furniture to me?

Della and Perry come over to see Axel and his bride off on their honeymoon.
DS: Ah, such a pity that a man like that should have to wait all those years to get married. Don’t you agree?
PM: You’ve been my legal secretary long enough to know that that’s a leading question.
(Smiles, closes the suitcase and pats it): Here, you take that one.
DS: Uh ...

Perry grabs two small cases, leaving Della to carry the larger one. That stinker.

*I liked the imagery of "slide trombone," used in this 1962 episode to mean "slippery character." Too bad when I run a check on it as slang, the current use is something vile.