The Case of the Counterfeit Crank

Otto Kruger, age 77, was the defendant in this episode of Perry Mason. He was even put on the stand.

One of Otto's co-workers: What now, Mrs. Blair? The old man go pixie again?

Mr. Dalgran (Otto Kruger): Morning, boys. How about some Christmas cash?
Don Morley: In April?
   
Mr. Dalgran throws a handful of currency ($2,000 in small bills) out the office window. There was a series of stars on the sidewalk below. It was part of the Hollywood Walk of Fame, which is described in interesting detail here.

His odd behavior leads to Mr. Dalgran going before a competency hearing.
Mr. Dalgran: My wife always liked you, Perry. I mean, she always said you were the smartest, nicest man she ever knew.
...
PM: Oh, come off it, Gus. You’re no more mentally incompetent than I’m the caliph of Baghdad.

Perry is going over the books at Gus’s company after Gus Dalgran is charged with his nephew’s murder. He’s in the Dalgran offices late at night when the police come by.
Tragg: Well, I see you’re working on your homework, Perry. I’m sorry but I’m afraid this collection of McGuffey’s readers will have to go.