The Case of the Duplicate Daughter

I dozed through most of this episode. Rich people! Young women! Cash on the floor of a "workshop"! I did wake up in time to hear Perry nail the murderer on the witness stand. It was mostly a recitation of names and it must have been an ordeal to learn the lines for those few minutes of dialogue.

One of the names was Glamis, to rhyme with Gladys. This is the sort of thing that would have distracted me if I'd been awake. Glamis. Really? I searched the Social Security Death Index. There was one Glamis (b. 1923, d. 2002). I just ran the name on Family Search and I got several hits (one Hilda Glamis, even).

The crux of the matter is that there was a lot of money floating around out there looking for descendants. In the wrap-up, Perry is chatting with two of the young women about resolution of the estate.
PM: It's a very thorny legal problem.
Glamis!: Well, what can we do about it?
PM: Simple. Just hire a good lawyer.

Back to what matters: Glamis. There is a castle in Scotland with that name. It's pronounced Glamz (to rhyme with lambs). The common "meaning of names" websites don't have the name but this one on pronunciation does. This site says that the name is probably from the Gaelic "Glamas," which means "open jaws" or "carpenter's vice." There may have been a glamas in the "workshop," but I was too distracted by that $10,000 scattered all over to notice it. Or I slept through that bit.