The Case of the Lavender Lipstick

I actually remember seeing this episode when it was new. The message in lipstick written by the dying victim!

Security guard: I was out longer than five minutes.
Tragg: You called us when you were unconscious?
Guard: I didn’t call you.

Tragg: This was the most obliging suspect we’ve ever had. He knocked out the watchman, killed Silas Vance and called us, all within five minutes.

I have observed this over time. Perry looks at his notes when he is annoyed by something the prosecutor’s witness says, when testimony seems especially damning to his client. “No questions” frequently translates as “I cannot be bothered to make eye contact with you mortals while I study my notes or jot down something extremely significant.” Interesting body language.

PD dashes into Perry’s office with a hasty: Hi, Beautiful.
DS: From your actions I assume you are a fugitive from justice.
PD points at Della: Don’t make jokes.

Judge: But if it does, Mr. Mason, who is the guilty party?
PM: I think we can show that. 

And he does.
And the guilty party quietly stands up and apparently expects to just sidle out of the courtroom. Paul intervenes and becomes Father Confessor right there in the aisle.

I just looked at imdb.com to verify that the defendant really was Mandy from "The People's Choice," actress Patricia Breslin. What a beauty. She was married to Art Modell from 1969 until her death last year. Modell died last month and was the owner of the Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens from 1961 until 2004. Lots of vitriol about him on the Web if you care about that sort of thing.