The Case of the Difficult Detour

Perry and Della are having a very close conversation. She's in the car and he leans in to talk.
PM: While you're talking to Mr. Ames, just casually --
DS: Mata Hari, front and center.

Man: Now look here, friend, I told you I didn't want to talk.
PM: I'm not your friend and I'm not a reporter. I'm an attorney, representing someone involved in a murder.

PD: I get paid to be curious.

PM: You do know your husband was flying to Mexico to get a divorce and you didn't want that, did you?
Those were the days. Quickie divorces in Mexico.

HB: Revealing any additional  names from that briefcase would be pointless sensationalism and might do harm to innocent people.
PM: May I remind the prosecutor that he introduced the evidence and that once having introduced a portion of it, the balance of it is subject to disclosure on cross-examination?

PM: Do you frighten easily?
Witness: No.
PM: Oh, come now, Mr. Edwards. Isn't it true that many things frighten you? ... In 1954 you obtained a divorce citing "extreme cruelty" and specifying that you were afraid of your wife.

PM: Paul, you have some good contacts with the phone company?
PD: Yeah, I know a couple of dolls down there.

Perry and the final witness have a very close conversation as he coaxes a confession out of the killer on the witness stand. Just between the two of them.