In the words of a 6-year-old

Eric Bates is executive editor of Rolling Stone. According to an interview he
told Obama that he had asked his six-year-old if there was anything she wanted him to say to the president. … [S]he said, "Tell him: You can do it."
This is interesting that a young member of the Bates family is so immersed in an election's outcome. If I told my 6-year-old grandson I was going to talk to the president and what should I say, I can almost guarantee his response would be along the lines of, "John Wilkes Booth was a very bad man."

And it's not that he thinks Abraham Lincoln would still be president if not for John Wilkes Booth. He has seen the graves of Jackson, Lincoln, Hoover and Eisenhower. He knows that presidents come and go. He knows who is president at the moment. And he for sure knows that John Wilkes Booth was a very bad man.