Money, brains and influence

I don't listen to the radio to any great extent. I never turn it on in the car. LohMan follows the St. Louis Cardinals baseball games and I enjoy them, too, although it would never occur to me to listen on my own. He's also a big fan of "Car Talk." So we turn on Click & Clack every Saturday morning and turn off the radio as soon as the show is over.

In a lot of ways we fit the demographic profile of the average NPR listener. Yes, we are extraordinarily well educated if we do say so ourselves. The thing is, we don't care about NPR, except for "Car Talk." And LohMan doesn't listen to that for pointers, since he knows a lot about cars.

I'm sure NPR's future is bright since its listeners are all movers and shakers, the best educated and most affluent people in town.