The facelessness of Facebook

One of the big pluses of Facebook is the ability to send an email to someone when you don't know that someone's email address. If the someone is also on Facebook, that is.

There was discussion in a FB group about a former teacher/principal and whatever happened to him? I was able to find someone with that name by googling and then to confirm that, yes, he had died a while back. One thing led to another and I learned that his son was on Facebook. So I sent the son an email and said why his father's name was on my mind and that I had enjoyed his dad as a teacher 50 years ago. The son responded, told me a little bit about his father's professional career after he left education and thanked me for the contact.

End of story. Or of that story. There will be others.