Young girl

I'm on Facebook. I enjoy keeping in touch with people through the Web. Some people are into the FB equivalent of "forwarding."
I believe that no one should have to die from boredom. If you have experienced boredom or know someone who has, cut and paste this message and use it as your status. 93% of all people won't do this, but I'm not ashamed to say I hate boredom. Are you?
I don't do those things. I can be boring in different ways. But a couple of weeks ago, one cut/paste idea was likable enough and I participated. What was the first concert you attended?

Some big names showed up, including Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash. If my little sister were on Facebook and deigned to play this round, she could have said The Beatles. For me it was Andy Williams and Henry Mancini, the day after I graduated from high school. Before the show started, I noticed Mr. Mancini down on the floor working on the setup or something. I went over to the railing, made eye contact and crooked my finger at him. He came over and autographed my ticket. And I said, "I hope you are going to do 'The Pink Panther Theme'." That movie had one of the few soundtrack albums I ever bought.

Yesterday on the way to work, "Young Girl" by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap came on the oldies station LohMan had on. It took me back to the time that group gave a concert at the college I attended. My little sister was up visiting me for the weekend and we went. I don't know if that song evokes the same memory for her. Gary Puckett had a good voice but he was not exactly on par with The Beatles.

It was good to be a young girl, enjoying the music of my young girlhood.