Plowed ground

There's probably no group of people happier to see March than snowplow drivers. Some of us remember the winter of 1979 (as in 78-79) where that Chicago plow driver went over the edge and started ramming vehicles. "I hate my job! I want to see my kids!" You can almost understand it, except for the fact that one man was killed when the driver backed the plow over his car and crushed him. I'd give you a link except the things I found were Google newspapers. If you care, you can find the papers yourself by googling Chicago 1979 snow plow rampage berserk.

Anyway, a big thanks to the snow plow drivers who methodically do their jobs of shifting snow to make it safe for the rest of us. And another round of applause to the people who design the lights for emergency vehicles. They keep getting better all the time.