Miss me, Kate

The other night we had a Netflix, "The Holiday," which is a rom-com about two women burned by love who swap houses at Christmas. Get out of town. Get away from the scene of the heartbreak. The movie was pleasant. And when it was over, I thought to myself, "Now I have a face to put with the name Cameron Diaz."

So today I am reading an Althouse blogpost about Kate Blanchett WINSLET and Sam Mendes. She's an actress, he's a director. They are (at the present) married to one another. Who is Kate Blanchett WINSLET? I had to look her up. Gah. I'd spent the evening with her a couple of days ago. She was the British woman who swapped houses with Cameron Diaz. That drippy Marianne from "Sense and Sensibility."

I'll have better luck figuring out the constellations than I will forming attachments to today's movie stars.

UPDATE: Even when I am looking at the name, I get it wrong. Winslet, Winslet, Winslet. Who is Kate Blanchett? She is Cate Blanchett. She played that wretched teacher who has an affair with a high-school student in that movie I just hated. And she was Kate Hepburn in "The Aviator," which I really liked.

At least I could keep Kate Hepburn and Audrey Hepburn straight.