Slide show

A weekend outing with adverse weather conditions, but what are you going to do? A birthday won't wait when you're five. Friday night we headed north in the early evening. By nightfall it was snowing. By the time we reached the Interstate the roads were lousy. So we pulled off the road for the night and in the morning we had a good view of the cars in the median and ditches. It didn't occur to me to take any pictures until the last car. The ones I didn't take were of a van in the valley, a semi on its side, a Jeep on its side, a small white car on its roof, and seven other vehicles.

Sunday afternoon we hit bad weather about 30 miles out. I was ready with the camera this time, although there were a few that I wasn't quick enough to photograph. And then it was dark and I put the camera away.