Memory bank, January 10

I misplaced my memory. I attributed the insulin injection to January 10, 1922, and it was actually January 11, 1922 (I've changed the entry). So let's back up and do January 10 on January 11.

Napoleon and Josephine's marriage was annulled on January 10, 1810, it says on Wikipedia. That got me to thinking about that movie, Desiree. Marlon Brando was Napoleon and Merle Oberon was Josephine. I saw it years and years ago, on "Saturday Night at the Movies." What I really remember about it was that Napoleon loved Desiree (Jean Simmons) but married Josephine. Desiree ended up with Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte, who became king of Sweden. Bernadotte was played by Michael Rennie, who was a dish.

I went looking for a link better than just a one-liner in a list of stuff that happened on January 10 and I found out that the Bonaparte annulment was a six-year process. And the date that it was finalized appeared to be January 12. There's more here than I ever care to know about the dissolution of this marriage. I'll just remember the cozy scene toward the end of  Desiree, where Michael and Jean are in front of a fire in Sweden. (Probably not remembering that right, either.)

Moving along, I notice that Sal Mineo, Jim Croce and Teresa Graves were born on January 10. I remember when Sal and Jim died, since their deaths were unusual. Sal was stabbed in an alley. Jim died in a plane crash. Teresa Graves was that lanky dancer who wore the outlandish clothes on "Laugh-In." She later starred in a TV show, "Get Christie Love!" I was surprised to read that she was dead, too. She died as the result of a housefire in 2002.

One of the best things about TV and movies is that a person is alive during those minutes you watch the performance. An immortality that lasts as long as the medium does.