Local survey

Thinking about the email surveys (see below) reminded me of The Family Paper the LohKids published when they were in the primary grades. There was only one issue, but it survived. In fact, I just scanned it for my archives.

I got the H1N1 vaccine at work the other day and one of the questions was if I was allergic to chicken eggs. I told the woman, "No, in fact they're my favorite food." That's what I told The Family Paper reporter, lo, these many years ago. Favorite foodwise (as in, what food would I hate to give up), eggs and red bell peppers are running neck-and-neck.

One of the more intriguing questions The Family Paper reporter asked respondents was what you didn't like to do. I said, "Wash dishes." LohSon said, "Work." LohDaughter said, "Ride bikes." LohMan said, "Paint the house."

Back then, I was a stay-at-home mom and I used to write out menus. Today, I'd tell that reporter, "I don't like to fix supper." That covers the gamut: thinking of the main dish, preparing it, serving it, cleaning up and knowing that the next day the chore will have to be done all over again.

I'm pretty sure LohMan still doesn't like to paint the house.