Close encounters of the weird kind

I was at the store after work, looking at the weak assortment of nails, etc., that Wally's carries. The store was crowded, even in that section. A shopper stopped near me and said to the world in general, I guess, that she was looking for picture hangers. Another woman said, "You'll want these. They are the best. I just love them." I chimed in that they might work, but only if your walls are really flat. If they are uneven, you might have problems, the way I did.

After the woman who raved about the picture hangers left, the first lady turned to me and said, "I work with her, but can you imagine just going up to somebody in the store and telling her what she should buy?" Well, I answered, I'd just done it myself.  No need to point out to her that she and I were total strangers to one another.

Maybe the offhand recommendation works best from someone you don't know. I kind of hope so, since I've done that more than once. Try the Santa Fe Chipotle Almonds and Cashews. They're fabulous (and pricey)! And they might even warm you up on a stinking cold winter evening.