Best kind of album

I've been getting a lot of snapshots and other photographic keepsakes from my father recently. Can I do better than keep them in a box? A pile of pictures is daunting.

I enjoy scanning these pieces because I can crop and otherwise tweak them. The scan, though, just duplicates. I still have the originals.

Today when I sorted, I noticed there were a few pictures that depicted wheels over the ages. See my Slideshow in the right-hand column. You can just sit there and watch the pictures sift by or you can click on any photo and open the Slideshow by itself. There are captions, which provide minimal info. For the most part, that's more than I had to start with.

ID your pictures! And don't glue them in an album! What is the best thing to do with the pictures that are worth keeping?