Accidents happen

The most intriguing serendipitous discovery in that list on Wikipedia, as far as I'm concerned, was the guy whose candy bar melted in his pocket and that led to the invention of the radar range (microwave oven).

I confess. My first thought was, "Did he eventually die of cancer?" My second thought (if I'd had one) should have been, "Did the pen in his pocket protector make an arc?" Here's a 1958 Reader's Digest piece on Percy Spencer. It took a while, didn't it?, for microwaves to become common household appliances.

I picked up a book at a library sale 15 years ago or more. I loved it because of the cover. Before there were bodice rippers, there were stocking ladderers. Actually, I think those are probably just shadows on her legs rather than runs in her hose, but I refuse to believe you can get hit by a car and not get a little mussed.

This, people, is serendipity.