USA, made in China

I was unboxing my Hawthorne "Hometown America" buildings to display at Christmas and I noticed on the bottom of the box, MADE IN CHINA. I suppose I've had these pieces about 15 years. I bought them to accompany the Norman Rockwell "Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas" buildings issued by Rhodes Gallery in the late 1980s. That made me curious about the birthplace of the older Rockwell buildings. MADE IN TAIWAN.

That, in turn, caused me to wonder if Taiwan has suffered because of the shift in doodad manufacture to China. I guess I don't care enough to read all this, but it's cool to know it's out there (and that I could find something that quickly). I'd prefer a USA Today-style graph. Intellectually curious but lazy, too. This guy says Taiwan is benefiting from Chinese growth.