Perfect movie for New Year's Eve

Mark Steyn says When Harry Met Sally is the best romantic New Year's Eve movie. As Harry said to Sally:
I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
Another one is Mary, Mary, which does not have a New Year's Eve scene in it. But the last time I saw it was on TV on New Year's Eve, 1972. I wish it would come out on video. The movie was released in 1963 and it seemed "old" when I saw it again nine years later. Now it is 46 years old! The rest of my life started as soon as possible, I guess.

The other NYE movies that Steyn lists are ones I have not seen. Yes, it's true, I have never seen Sunset Boulevard. I do own it, however, since I bought it cheap not that long ago. The idea of spending NYE watching Gloria Swanson is not especially appealing. Peter's Friends has Hugh Laurie, which is especially appealing. But not enough, after reading Mark's brief summation of the film. Then there's Last Night, whose cast includes Callum Keith Rennie. Wow! Is he Michael Rennie's son (or grandson)? That would be appealing! Alas, no.

Here's to an Appealing New Year!