Meteor shower

The piece I read said the best time to watch the Orionid meteor shower was in the hour before dawn, which would be now. I stood on the deck for a few minutes and looked up. It's a starry pre-dawn and mild to boot. Should I get a chair and my cup of coffee and see the show? I heard some critter crashing around in the leaves near the house. Too clumsy for a squirrel. No animals I call by a given name live here. Raccoon? Cat? Whichever, I didn't want to be their companion.

Ever since the Internet entered my life it seems like I read about, at a minimum, 10 "don't miss this in your lifetime" astral events a year. That way we all get a shot at something, I guess. I was a poor student of constellations in my young years. Once we even went to the teacher's home at night because her husband had a telescope and we were to be looking at something spectacular. Jupiter, I think. Was Jupiter a big deal in 1960? Whatever it was, I couldn't quite get a handle on it.

These Orionid meteors. Related to that constellation Orion? Yes, look toward Orion. Well, then. I'm lost in space.