Screen-to-screen trumps face-to-face

A couple of weeks ago, I read a funny CNN.com piece on "The 12 most annoying types of Facebookers." If you're on Facebook, you'll be able to relate to some of the "types." Heck, you might even be one. Not that I'll ever tell you, either via Facebook or in person.

My Internet-usage policy is not to write or reveal anything on FB, a blog or in an email that I wouldn't want my employers, my parents, my children or a total stranger to read or to know. There was a cover story in The Christian Science Monitor recently on Internet privacy. It included the idea: if you act like a jerk online, the people who consider you one need to become more accepting. I'm, like, whatever. Will that work?

I wouldn't call my behavior accepting as much as it is trying to keep my regrets to a minimum. That would include lessening my exposure to jerks every chance I get.