encourage. v., To inspire with hope, courage, or confidence; hearten

We have friends whose 3-year-old grandson is being treated for a really grim type of leukemia. Young Conner's father journals about the progression of the treatment and it is impossible to remain unmoved when you read these entries. The journals appear in the global Facebook group for offering support and on the Web. From a recent log:
We got up early got the clinic surgeries done and waited and waited to get admitted finally around 3:30 this happened. This admission is basically an experimental study, with the potential of being the rabbit in the hat as described from Dr. Blatt. Unfortunately our options are running low and with each new treatment the odds of it being successful go down. I asked if we were for better words just wasting time and she replied I’m nervous but not frantic yet. She then said we probably have a 10-20% chance of getting this into remission. I continue to try to mentally prepare myself even though that's impossible. Decisions have and will get harder from here on out. Maybe there is a miracle out there we just haven’t found it. I do know one thing I’m thankful this happened at the age it did. Conner has no clue, no worries, no fears, and doesn’t even think/know he’s sick. I can’t imagine what this is like for a kid who is older and knows what all this means. Please pray for our friend Luke Moore (gave Conner the Wii). God Bless not just mine but all these kids that go through this crap, believe me they all need a blessing.
Daddy

When I checked the Facebook group yesterday, I noticed there are 3,979 members. If you belong to Facebook, you could help get that number to 4,000. Type "Conner Stell" in the search box and join the group. I'm sure you try to encourage people that you meet in your journey. The Stells could use some encouragement right about now.

We all need a blessing and to be one, too.