Crushing response

Lileks threw out a question to his Bleat commenters on Friday. Who was your first celebrity crush? He got over 200 responses. My favorite comment was in response to someone else saying her first crush was on David McCallum (Illya Kuryakin of "The Man from U.N.C.L.E."). This fellow, who posts as bgbear (roger h), wrote:
I am surprised at how good he still looks on NCIS, I won’t say I hope I look that good when I am his age because I don’t look that good now.
Did I need to know that David McCallum, who looked about 25 years old as Illya Kuryakin, is now 75? Well, I was an Illya fan, too, although he couldn't have been my first celebrity crush since I was in high school when that show premiered. Fanwise, David McCallum had me, the Lileks' commenters and who knows how many millions of others? He got more fan mail than any other actor in MGM history!

So it boils down to this: I don't have any idea who my first celebrity crush was. I do remember my introduction to crushes, though. My friend was just nuts about Jon Provost, who played Timmy on the "Lassie" TV show after Tommy Rettig and Jan Clayton were phased out, and she showed me how it was done. Hey, Paula Weathers, if you ever google yourself: Whatever happened to you?