Shoot, don't shoot

I saw a couple of signs on our recent trip that amused me. I need to get a camera mounted on my arm or something so I will always be just a click away from proof.

One read, "Merge Now, State Law." It was at some section of Interstate where an old road blended into a new stretch of pavement. And it wasn't as if we had any choice. I thought it was an accidental posting of one sign on top of another but apparently it is not. Next thing you know, there will be pictures of a sunglasses-wearing State Trooper pointing and saying, "I'm talking to you, Buster" alongside of every highway sign.

Another sign that made me laugh was in a women's restroom. "NOTICE: WASH YOUR HANDS." The picture here could be of an archetypal mother. I guess that would have to be Barbara Billingsley. But I don't think she would say it in quite that way.