Pilot program

I walked by a radio station remote broadcast early this morning just as one of the broadcasters said something about pilots flying over America and praying. So that thought was in my mind as I began my constitutional. I made a mental note to find out more about her comment later and I did remember to look it up*.

As I walked, I considered the concept of prayers in the sky. And since I was listening to a Rick Nelson CD, I wondered if there had been time for prayer the night the plane he was in caught fire because of a heater malfunction. The pilots were the only survivors.

I can accept the idea that "Hello, Mary Lou" is orbiting eternally. Cast your tunes to the wind.

*PrayerFlight conducted its "50 Capitals" flyover today. And what a beautiful day it was in Missouri's capital city.