Never give up

When I'm looking for something on the Web, I don't quit easily. You don't want to either. It's fun -- you gotta keep searchin, searchin. (Too bad about Del Shannon. He did some one-of-a-kind stuff, didn't he?)

Try Wolfram/Alpha, which a friend told me about today. It calculates all sorts of information in no time. I typed in my birthdate and learned how many days I've been on this earth. In the category "People & History," you can compare the value of a dollar today to another point in history. Or find out exactly what a second cousin once removed is.

Search engines that are useful keep changing. Remember HotBot? I guess it's not so hot anymore. Google, which led a revolution in search engines, is into evolution, too. It keeps searchin, searchin, for ways to improve.

CNN says search engines are on the cusp of change. Follow the sun-uh, I mean, follow some of the links in the piece and see what's out there.