No news is Good News

Or that's what the church I grew up in leads me to conclude.

We're having Frito Pie and Dr. Pepper for Sunday supper at my house. My mother never fixed Frito Pie but it was a staple of the youth choir/League meeting on the Sunday afternoons and evenings of my youth. I wondered if the congregation still serves a meal to young people so I looked at its website.

Can't tell. There's a "2 or More" teen choir that meets at 4 p.m. (and isn't that an encouraging name?) and there are youth group meetings at 5:30. The website has some links but the most recent church bulletins posted are from 1999 and the only newsletter is from December 2003.

So is it better to have a generic presence (no bulletins, no newsletter, nothing that requires frequent oversight or change), a "the thrill is gone" presence (see above) or no presence on the Web?

Update: It's worse than I thought. The individual listed as the church's pastor has been serving a congregation 1038.73 miles away for nearly seven years. This must be a lost sheep of a website that's wandering around in cyberspace.