Invasion of the body linkers

I write a weekly newsletter that I email to some friends and family. One of the former just responded to an issue that I sent out a year ago. Since she posted her comments on top of the newsletter, I scrolled down to re-read the bit that caught her attention. It was about that old movie, "The Day the Earth Stood Still," which I had just seen for the first time. I noticed that my mention of actor Michael Rennie had those Yahoo! shortcut indicators so I went there. Up popped a picture of that handsome fellow and a link about his career. From now on I will just insert gratuitous mention of good-looking people in my newsletter. Free illustrations! I assume the shortcuts will only work with recipients who have Yahoo! mail but maybe not.

I still don't know if I like the idea of an email program having this capability. If Yahoo! gets going with pipl.com, perhaps my own picture will pop up.