Fingered

I noticed a display of fingerling potatoes at Sam's Club yesterday so I picked up a bag. Apparently there are four varieties in a bag, but I only noticed three distinct variations: one with dark skin, one with pale orange and one with yellow.

I used a recipe with lemon juice, garlic, and Cajun seasoning, mixing the ingredients with canola oil in a little Ziploc bag. After scrubbing the potatoes but leaving the skins on (wouldn't those babies be a pain to peel!), I put 5 fingerlings in the bag and coated them, then did five more. I spread them on an oiled pan and roasted the potatoes at 425° F. for 25 minutes.

We had roasted potatoes with ribeye pork loin for supper. It was a perfect evening to be eating outdoors. And the potatoes were wonderful.

The dark-skinned fingerlings were purple. I've seen the purple and blue seed potatoes in catalogs but have never raised or purchased any. If your store has fingerling potatoes, try them. I think you'll like them.