I see the moon


The biggest full moon of 2009 appeared this evening. We had a cloudy day but the sky cleared just before sunset. I went outside at 5:30 before it was dark hoping to get a picture of the moon without using a flash. I certainly don't have the equipment, not even a tripod, necessary to take long-distance snapshots. The moon was lovely. The evening has been lovely, even though it has turned quite cold. The air is clear and crisp.

I remember as a young girl singing "I see the moon and the moon sees me, down through the leaves of the old oak tree." I always thought it was a folk song, something that had been around for generations. It was only recently that I learned it was written by Meredith Willson. An instant classic, I guess. I don't know if kids today are still learning it. In fact, I don't remember if I ever sang it to my own children.

If it's not too late, kids, "Please let the light that shines on me shine on the ones I love."